Degree candidates seeking certification of a minor field must complete the minor-program-form (PDF) and file it along with the Notice of Degree Candidacy.
A minor in English consists of 18 appropriate credits (exclusive of 50:350:101/102 and 090:238) taught in the English Department. All courses must be at the 200 level or above, and at least 6 credits of the minor must be in courses at the 300 to 400 level.
English majors may earn certification for a specific minor field within the English Department by completing 18 credits in that field. As many as 6 credits may be counted toward both an English major and one specific English minor—in which case only 12 additional credits must be earned—but a second specific minor requires at least 18 new credits.
Requires at least 18 credits in writing and film courses in subjects 350, 354, and 570, 989 (exclusive of 50:350:101/102).
- Requires at least 18 credits in subjects 350, 352, 354, 570, 615, or 989 (exclusive of 50:350:101/102).
- Note: 50:090:238 may be counted toward this minor only.
American Literature (352)
- Requires at least 18 credits in subject in 352.
English Literature (353)
- Requires at least 18 credits in subject 350 (exclusive of 350:101/102).
- Requires 50:570:301 and at least 15 more credits in subject 570.
- Requires 50:615:201 and at least 15 more credits in subject 615.
- Requires at least 18 credits in writing courses (subjects 570 & 989).